There are several items that require special care in storage, especially those that are sensitive to humidity and temperature fluctuations. Below is a list of 8 items that fall into this category.
- Wooden Furniture: If exposed to moisture over time, wood can rot, warp or crack. If you’re storing wooden furniture like tables, chairs, bed frames, entertainment centers, dressers, nightstands, end tables, etc., climate control storage is an absolute necessity.
- Leather Furniture: Leather is very sensitive to swings of cold and hot, so that’s a big issue if the storage company is located in an area where there are significant weather changes.
- Household Appliances & Electronics: Dryers, washers, ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators, microwaves, TVs, sound systems, computers, etc. all need to be in climate control storage. A stable environment will protect mechanical and electronic components from rusting and cracking.
- Special Collections: Everything from wine, comics, stamps, and coins should be stored in a climate-controlled environment to prevent damage caused by humidity and temperature changes.
- Musical Instruments: Long-term or short-term storage, temperature control is a must with musical instruments.
- Art: Whether it’s Pinterest-inspired craftwork or fine frescoes, all art pieces should be stored in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Important Documents: Climate control storage is the only thing standing between documents and humidity, which can cause discoloration and fading.
- Clothes: To keep fabrics dry and prevent mold growth, climate control storage is recommended.
At 21 North Storage in Statesville, NC, we have built a reputation on excellence in the residential and commercial self-storage industry. Contact us today to discuss your needs. Our goal is to provide customer service that’s second to none.